Chipmetrics is recruiting / Senior Scientist
- In your work, you are responsible for applications of Chipmetrics´ test chip products in thin film process characterization.
- Your duties include experimental work, physical modelling and producing scientific content such as publications and presentations. In addition, you are a key part of our product development team and you also support marketing.
- A higher degree in technology (e.g. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Microelectronics, Photonics or similar) is considered a suitable educational background for the position.
- We require technical know-how and experience in thin film growth methods (e.g. ALD or CVD) and thin film characterization or metrology. You are also interested in scientific writing.
- We hope you are research-oriented, systematic, and have strong problem-solving skills. In addition to this, the role benefits from good content production and writing skills.
- We also appreciate the high work motivation, continuous development of own skills, customer-focused attitude and interest in our products.
- Success in the position requires good English language skills (oral and written) and fast learning ability.
- At work tasks is beneficial to have basic programming skills (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C ++), but it´s not necessary.
- Chipmetrics’ head office is in Joensuu (connected with the local Photonics Center and University of Eastern Finland ´UEF´). We also utilize UEF´s cleanroom laboratories.
- We support remote working, so you can work in a hybrid model in the Joensuu office or your home.
- Working in our company requires the ability to work remotely independently, utilizing a variety of remote work skills and tools.
- We offer interesting, diverse, and challenging work at the forefront of technology development.
- We also give you the opportunity to develop your own skills and career path supported by the scientific environment.
- We offer you comprehensive opportunities at working remotely and a competitive salary to appreciate the work you do.
Chipmetrics Ltd is a forerunner in productizing test structures, test chips and wafer concepts for advanced materials and microelectronics manufacturing. We are experts in thin film conformality characterization. Our main product – PillarHall test chip – is developed for advanced thin film process conformality characterization to accelerate applications of conformal 3D thin films. Chipmetrics Oy is a part of the emerging Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) industry and research community. Our headquarters are in Finland (Joensuu) – in the country of the origin of ALD.
Contact & next steps
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply for a Senior Scientist position through the application form (below). Attach a CV and application letter (in pdf format) with your salary request and we will contact you. Interviews are held regularly, so we recommend applying today.
More information about the job and application period
Training Services & Talent Manager, Kasve Oy
+358 50 321 4884 (inquiries by phone 28.6, 2.8 and 18.8 between 9-15).
Application period: 27.6-22.8.2022